Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tales of love.. con't

Ok, so I am back.  Baby girl napping, laundry is folded and I have a few moments to type.

So, my lips are in constant dryness this time of year.  I feel like I am non stop applying chap stick, or thinking about applying chap stick.  Weird, right?  But now, me 2 year old keeps asking me for chap stick too. Monkey see, Monkey do- right?

This morn was a bit of a rush around. Had to be out the door at 8 again to meet a friend for coffee. Some days its so hard for me to get it all together to plan to be out of the house by 8 AM til 1. Guess I am more slow moving then I used to be.  Then I went directly to the mall to do my ritual winter routine of walking around with all the 80 year olds.  I actually brought my purse in this time because I had planned to stay for shopping and lunch. Stopped by the market on the way home. Now it is 1:30 PM.  I have showered and put my jammies back on.  I am in for the day. Too cold to walk to the bus stop later, so I will drive there and no one will see my jammies. 

Oh, for those of you who ordered girl scout cookies from me- I will be getting them next week.  Seriously, I cannot believe it is February already.  Just got an email from our cookie coordinator (what a fun job that must be) and we are picking up our boxes on Tuesday night.  So, expect an email from me next week about when and how I can deliver to you.   Yummo- I can taste mine already!!!

I have been super trying to spend more time with my kids individually. Clearly the baby gets enough mommy time, but the older two.. as you know, not so much.  And my oldest doesn't really need much from me.  Hugs and kisses and cuddling at night and he is good.  But middle princess needs me.  And I need her.   Shit, the phone just rang and I got into a 5 min conversation with a friend and totally lost where I was going with this.  UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. brain functioning is not working.

OH YEAH!!!  Yay, I am not that stupid afterall.  I remembered. So,  I have to say that my life is totally different when my hubby is in town.  Like last night, for example.  I got to go into her room, ALONE, yes, alone.. no cat running around jumping on us, no baby girl wanting to get on her bed and read with us. Nothing. No one. Just her and me. And it was so pleasant.  I loved it.  I never take for granted the nights that I have my hubby to help me with bedtime routine, but last night for some reason I specifically noticed it, and even mentioned it to him.  I love being able to tuck all three of them in calmly and not rushing from one closed bedroom door into the other room and then to the 3rd room.  I am only one person and it is so draining on me sometimes.  Like I seriously dread it when he is gone.  Some nights I am just so exhausted by 6 PM that I really start to wonder who is going to get my children settled in bed when all I want to do is crawl under the covers myself.

Anyway, don't pity me... just saying how I am realizing that I have it good this week with my hubby home.

Opps, enter so called friend who just distracted me on the phone.  She is now standing next to me in my kitchen.  Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment