Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tales of me

I know, I know, I haven't been keeping up with the blog this week.  Just one thing I want you all to remember is that I started this blog for me.  I know and appreciate so much that you love it and look forward to it, but this is my catharsis of lifes daily nonsense and some days I may not post.  It defeats the purpose of this for me to feel like I "have" to post everyday. Besides, its fun to keep you all anticipating if/when I will write again.

Moving on.

Thank goodness it is already Thursday.  What a long week it has been.  Yesterday I seriously ate myself into oblivion.  Ever have one of those days that by 1:45 in the afternoon you have successfully managed to imbibe at least one days worth of your caloric daily requirement?   Um, yeah. That was me.  It was super cold outside.  Like the kind of cold that you just cannot warm up even in your own house.  Seriously, my fingertips were on/off numb all day. So, what did I do?  I did what anyone in my situation would have done and  parked myself in the pantry most of the day.  Gosh,  I think my 2 year old is rubbing off on me some.

Hubby talked to kids for a few last night for the 1st time since he left.  I always like to call right before I say "Its time to go upstairs for bedtime routine", just so he can remind them to be good listeners for me and not to give me a hard time.  Cuz honestly, by the that time I have been up for 13 hours and am done. Like really done.  One and a half more days of single mommyhood to go. I think I can, I think I can.

Speaking of catharsis.  I had such a freakin good cry yesterday.  OMG.  sometimes you just need to let it all out and you feel soooooooooooooooooo much better.   Like all of us, I try to be the best person I can be and some days you win and some days you lose.  Life is one giant learving curve, right?

Before I go, I just want my good friend Kim to know that I am thinking of her today.  Sending good and warm thoughts.  I am so sincere when I say that all that really and truly matters in life is your (and your loved ones) health, because we have no control over that at times.  The rest should just fall easily into place. Its a hard thing to step back and just let life flow, but at the end of the day if you know in your heart you are a good person, nothing else should matter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment