Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tales of reading

Sorry to disappoint, but I am sucked into a book and therefore all my free time is being spent reading it.  And my not "free" time too.  Poor baby girl wanted me to play puzzles with her again for the 8th time yesterday and I practically begged her to watch Mickey Mouse so I could keep reading my book.  Mom of the year right here people.

Anyway, it's called "Cinderella ate my daughter" and its all about how our society treats girls, or daughters most specifically. How what we do with and buy for our little girls can affect their entire life... LOL.. very interesting reading. Very eye opening. Will it change the way I spoil my little girls, likely not.  But, it's food for thought.. and it reminds me that if I feel like a bad mom for buying X or letting them watch Y, at least I am not spending thousands upon thousands of dollars dolling them up and entering my 5 and 2 year old girls into beauty paegants.  Always remember, no matter what you choose to do, there is always some MUCH crazier out there doing MUCH worse things to their children.  Just gotta laugh about it.

P.S.  I loved the American Girl store almost as much at my daughter did!!! I said almost, or maybe more.. I'll never tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment