Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tales of bliss

Just hopped into bed after kissing each of my babies in their sleep.  Ahhh, so good to see their tiny faces and smell their warm yummy skin.  But what a fantastic vacation we had!  Wow!  It was so worth all the mind games I was playing on myself prior to our departure.  My body feels so tired, but yet it is actually just in this complete state of relaxation.. a state that it has not seen in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The weather was amazing.  The resort was lovely, the food delish and the company could not have been any better!  What a fantastic way to ring in the New Year.  Played some tennis, drank some drinks, rode a horse on the beach (ok, not my most fav moment), laid by the pool and just chilled out.  I actually read an entire book.  Interesting one.  Decent. Called, "The Little Bee". Heard of it?   Many thanks to my darling hubby for working hard enough every day to make this trip possible for us.  Many thanks to my mom and my sitter for taking such great care of my little miracles... I mean such great care that I had not a single worry about them. And many thanks to our "just neighbors". The first annual holiday trip was a success.  Next stop: Turks and Caicos.

Kitty just climbed on me. Apparently he missed me much too.  Gotta say, I am not a medicine taker.  I have a super high pain tolerance... always have and hopefully always will.  I am the kind of gal who waits til she can no longer stand being sick or achey before taking anything, so getting a prescription for our flight was a HUGE step for me.  I even debated forgoing the drugs. But the giant heartache and knot in my stomach last weekend lead me to pop the pill as soon as we arrived in the airport Tues AM.  And let me just say, flying on drugs is such a wonderful experience.  Mind you, I only took half of the Xanax prescribed to me, as I did not want to completely pass out on day one of our trip, but I really was so relaxed and could have cared less that we were in the air.  Could have cared less when the pilot came on and said we were going to experience turburlance for the remainder of the flight.  I did not quiz my hubby every 5 seconds during our final descent how many more minutes until we land. It was such a glorious event.  And not to sugar coat it, but we both got upgraded to first class.  He because he is a "chairman" whatever that means.  And I, I got upgraded because the lady at the check in desk saw a first class seat open next to my hubby and wanted me to have the seat.  Why you ask?  I will tell you.  She is a smart woman.  She said, "I realize that your husband is a chairman, and you are a chairmans wife.  So that means we see your husband more than you do".  Wow, she understands.  The lovely reddish-brown haired ticket agent totally gets it.  The simple fact that the love of my life is a "preferrred flier" lead to her believe that I am, well.. that I am what I have been desperately trying to share with all of you.  I am a married single mom.  And I truly wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy 2011 my friends.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT read today and welcome back!!!! we missed you but so glad the trip was so good! It will be a happy and healthy 2011 and next year we will again read about your fab trip!

    ReplyDelete