Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tales of a 2 year old that doesn’t like to sleep and a mommy that does.

I am still wondering where I went wrong.  What did I do differently with my 3rd then with my first two children?  I guess that could be a topic of another day, but for today, I am so flabbergasted as to why my sweet baby girl is so enamored with me in the wee hours of the night.  I do not feed her, rock her, and am pretty not friendly towards her in the middle of the night, but yet she still loves to call my name at all hours of the night to make sure I am still around.  And, quite frankly, I have had enough.  The big kids are great sleepers.  My oldest only had one time in his infancy where we had to let him “cry it out” and that was it.  My middle one has always been an amazing sleeper.  Since the baby came, she gets up earlier in the morning (probably b/c she hears us) but she plays quietly in her room.   Enter contestant #3. She goes through phases of good/bad sleeping, but right now we are in the midst of a 6 month stretch of not so good.    And 6 months of not great sleeping + a husband who travels and 3 kids to take care of and schlep around by myself =  1 tired and cranky mommy.
I am doing the best I can with balancing letting her cry in the night vs. having her wake up the older two who need their sleep to function at school, but I am losing horribly.  Either my baby ends up in my bed at 5 AM, or my big kids are zombies all day.  I am stuck. Stuck, stuck, stuck and not sure what to do about it. One would think that by the 3rd child I’d be a pro.  Sheesh. I am far from it. So, I have called in the big guns.  The ENT.  I will get to the root of this. I do not have bad sleepers.  I do not have early risers.  I will not allow it. The End.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... I am hating this for you. LOVE the blog! So nice to see something real. Good thoughts for happy sleep. -- Andee

    ReplyDelete