Monday, December 13, 2010

Tales of home

That Dorothy was a wise little girl when she said, "There's no place like home".  While it is good to get away and rejuvinate from time to time, there is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed, being with your own family, in your own warm house and being near your own friends.  Just like in The Wizard of Oz, sometimes you need to be taken far away from home to be reminded how great and wonderful your life really is.  As my mother in law always tells me.  If you put everyones problems into one giant pot, you would still want to pick your very own back out.  And that is definitely so true.  I am so very blessed to be living the life I am living and try to remember that during my daily trials, although I always have and always will like to complain.  Its genetic. VERY genetic.

Despite the travels, my beautiful girl and I had a great time together this weekend.  It was so heart warming to see her playing and hear her devilish giggle with her cousins.  She has two girl cousins.  One just turned 6 and one will be 5 a week before my daughter turns 6.  How lucky is she?  I never had girl cousins, or a sister for that matter. Let alone my exact age. She has it made!  Wasn't that super thoughtful of me to give this to our girls?  (Oh, my poor boy.  Growing up with so much estrogen floating around him.) However, living in different states and in extremely different lifestyles will likely make it hard for them to be close growing up.  BUT, for as long as it lasts, I loved watching her enjoy their company.   It is with deep thought that I have decided that is all I will share, publicly of course, about our trip. Those who know me personally have already had their ears talked off and I will not revisit it again.  We all have family, you all understand, as this is only pseudo-anonymous.

The weather was amazing.  Wintertime in FL is to die for.  And then I come back here to the bitter cold.  Bah humbug. Anyhow.  Back into the routine of rush rush rushing. Having a visit from my best friend from college this evening. So just wanted to take this quiet opportunity of naptime to pump out a quick blog.  So much pressure from you people. If I miss a day I feel like I will disappoint. Sheesh.

So, I am back. Ready to celebrate the remaining holidays with good friends and good fun. And good drinks!

There really is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment